Smooth collection: Jilin teacher has 30 old flatirons
Teng Yongshan has collected more than 30 old flatirons since 2000 when he bought the first one.
Teng, 48, a teacher from a secondary vocational school in Jilin city, Northeast China's Jilin province, has a great interest in costume designing.
"The history of flatiron can be traced back to the Shang (16th century BC-11th century BC) and Zhou (11th century BC- 256 BC) dynasties," said Teng. "The oldest one I have is from the Jin Dynasty (265-420)."
"These collections have great historic value as they tell us a lot about the lifestyle of people in the ancient times," he said. "I hope to collect more flatirons in the future."
- Smooth collection: Jilin teacher has 30 old flatirons
- Former board chairman of China Huarong Asset Management expelled from CPC, office
- Workers dig out WWII shell in NE China
- Dance drama debuts for Guangxi anniversary
- Powering China's air express upstream
- Jilin man searches for Mr. Right for Russian mother-in-law